Configuring Always On between two different editions Enterprise Vs Standard editions of same version.

Recently my boss raised a question to me and asking for setup an Always-on Between SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition.  SQL Server 2016 Enterprise edition will act as Primary replica and SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition will act as Secondary Replica.

When I tried to implement this scenario in my test environment it does not work and While I am trying to add databases to the availability group I got the below errors. 
Also tried reverse scenario, SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition will act as Primary replica and SQL Server 2016 Enterprise edition will act as Secondary Replica even this got failed.

So we cont setup Always on between two different Editions.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always On FailOver Events

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out

Pre login Handshake or Connection Timeout Period